Cybersecurity & Data Privacy Intern (min. 40%)
Are you an IT student looking for an internship to put your theoretical knowledge into practice? Do you enjoy dealing with customers, and are you a team player? Would you like to work in a modern company that promotes and supports your professional development?
The satisfaction of our employees is essential to us, and we strive to create an outstanding working environment. We work in a hybrid working model that includes working from home, the office and directly at the client premises.
At MOD1, we foster trust-based relationships and strive for job satisfaction. We utilise a hybrid working model that includes working from home, from the office and directly from the customer location.
What you can expect:
In your new job, you will be a trainee for cyber security and data protection and support customers in the medical sector, such as doctors' practices or other medical institutions throughout Switzerland. You will be heavily involved in protecting patient data and other sensitive personal information.
As a cybersecurity and data protection intern, you will support medical institutions in taking the necessary measures to meet the requirements of the new Swiss Data Protection Act (FADP).
Your tasks and responsibilities include:
- Explain to our clients the requirements of the new data protection law.
- Logging into a practice's IT system and checking configurations (e.g. firewall, antivirus programme, encryption of storage media, spam filters, user accounts and rights, etc.)
- Adapt guidelines and regulations to the way of working in the practice and formulate appropriate instructions
- Map projects and track their progress in Jira and Smartsheet
- Documenting client meetings and updating the CRM system
- Translate documents between German and English using appropriate software tools
- Participate in internal projects for the development of new products
What we expect:
You are open to a challenge and are aware that a new company like ours needs to be fully committed. You are good at dealing with customers and can represent MOD1 with confidence. To succeed in this role, you need initiative, an interest in learning new skills, excellent language skills in German and English, an agile work ethic and entrepreneurial energy. You should be comfortable reviewing IT configurations as well as formulating legally correct texts.
What you bring:
- Currently studying IT or cybersecurity or apprenticeship graduate
- Fluent German and excellent English (spoken and written; advanced French and/or Italian skills are an advantage)
- An analytical mindset, accurate work ethic and attention to detail
- An awareness of and possibly first contact points with data protection guidelines (e.g. GDPR)
- Knowledge of software development is an advantage
- Professional certifications in information security or information technology are an advantage
- Knowledge of Smartsheet and the Atlassian Suite, as well as agile project management, is an advantage
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday (at 100%)
- 40-hour week (at 100%)
- Development opportunities
- Mentoring by professionals to develop your skills
- Opportunity for home office and an office in the heart of Basel
MOD1 AG offers a suite of industry-leading cybersecurity, data privacy, risk and compliance consulting services designed to diminish information risk and maximise return on investment. Our success is founded on ethics, agility, credibility and execution excellence – these guiding principles ensure we deliver consistent value to our clients.
We foster trust-based relationships and strive for job satisfaction. We are committed to creating and nurturing a healthy work environment where all team members can flourish.
MOD1 is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates are considered without regard to race, colour, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability.